Power Commander V Fuel Controller // 2003-2017 Arctic Cat 500/600/700 Models
The Power Commander V
The Power Commander is a fuel injection adjustment unit that plugs “inline” with the machine’s stock ECU (electronic control unit). The PC uses original equipment style connectors, so no splicing or cutting of the harness is required. Most installations take less than 15 minutes, some as little as 5 minutes.
Changes are made to the machine's fuel and, in some cases, ignition curves via the PC’s onboard microprocessor. Using this technology we are able to offer a large area of adjustment without making any permanent changes to the machine’s ECU. Removing the PC returns the machine to its previous stock condition. Each unit comes complete with software and cable link that allows you to change between different maps or make adjustments to a map file.
Power Commander V Product Introduction
The New Power Commander V is loaded with tons of new features. Below you will find some Power Commander V features.
- Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
- USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
- 2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
- Gear input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
- Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
- Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
- 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
- Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)
Power Commander V w/ Built in Ignition Control
On select models, gain control over fuel delivery AND timing with the new Power Commander V with fuel and ignition control. The best of both worlds, now you can realize all the benefits of the Power Commander V and the Ignition Module 5 wrapped in a single enclosure. This Power Commander V is available for select twin cylinder engines.
- Retains all of the standard Power Commander V fuel control features
- Allows +/- 20 degrees of timing adjustment
- Map Switch Input – change maps on the fly
- Adjust timing per cylinder
- Raise your Rev Limit (only available on select models)
- Built In Launch Limiter
Power Commander V - PTi
On select models a new version of PCV is now available that’s perfect for forced induction applications. This new unit, PCV-PTi, comes with a Bosch 3 bar MAP/Temp sensor as part of the PCV harness for expanded capabilities built into the control center software.
The PTi version of the PCV gives you the ability to modify your fuel curve based off a pressure (boost) table and/or temperature table. The pressure table gives you 3D mapping capability based on boost vs RPM, while the temperature table gives you 2D mapping capability with up to 50 points of adjustment.
This new version of the Power Commander V is perfect for turbocharged or supercharged applications looking for precision, control, and reliability.